Thursday, July 13, 2017

Smooches from a Prickly Pear in Watercolor

This months challenge from Three Amigos is actually Prickly Pear.  This started out as a Zentangle Inspired Art (ZIA) tile that I thought would fit this challenge perfectly. I tried to match the colors as closely as I could.
I actually drew the cactus myself since I didn't have any cactus stamps (yet, LOL). It is a prickly pear cactus, many of whom have lived in my various yards over the years here in the Phoenix area until I saw how quickly they multiplied!

The sentiment comes from Paper Smooches, Smooches.

Do take the time to pop over to see this new challenge group and join in the fun!

Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments!

Also shared with Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Cool...like the little zentangle you brought in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O M G!! Love this! What a fantastic addition to our little gallery over at Three Amigos... awwwwwwesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. Maybe one day I will break down and purchase a cactus stamp :)

      Delete
    2. I don't think you need a cactus stamp!

      Delete
  3. The watercolor (painted?) background sets off your hand drawn cactus nicely! The zentangle is cool too! Thanks for joining us at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I used Chameleon watercolor pencils for the color on this one.

      Delete
  4. What can I say....gorgeous!! You drew a perfect cactus and I love the watercoloring! It's a perfect blend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting braver about drawing very simple things again, Janet. I actually used to be really good at one time, but that was a different lifetime ago.

      Delete