Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Innertube Birdbrain

From the Heart, i {heart} card sketches w/ a tWiSt #140 offered a sketch and an optional twist to add a shaped card. I always try to do both, but I admit to being baffled as to what a "shaped" card was. Square is a shape and so is rectangle and a circle. Too confused, so, I had to skip that part this week.  I selected this funny birdbrain stamp called Inner Tube Birdbrain. I used my Gina Marie stitched circles and squares and a bit of baker's twine. The edges are done with Distress Inks in Wild Honey. A bit of Wink of Stella was added to the eyes and circles of the inner tube.




 Thanks so much for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments!

10 comments:

  1. Your card is really cute. I love the layout and that wild honey of made it so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. My first impulse was to do the sky blue, because, well, the sky is blue. But then I though of how happy birdbrain was with the sun shining on a perfect day and the golden warmth of the sun called out to me.

      Delete
  2. This is such a happy Card, Jean ! Love the bright Colors and how you´ve colored the Image - just great !

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 140 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    My new crafty home: My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Imke. I can only imagine these happy images with bright colors. I wonder what they would look like with pastels or monochromatic, hummmmm

      Delete
  3. A super fun card, Jean! Especially smack in the middle of winter! I'm sure many are dreaming of their happy place! Thanks for joining us over at FTHS again for Sketch #140! See you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I live in Arizona and we have been done with winter for weeks! Not quite warm enough for hopping into the pool with an inner tube and a fancy drink! Thanks for stopping by Pink :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely card and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in with us at i {heart} card sketches with a tWiSt

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute card! Wonderful coloring and card design!! Can't wait until my Gina Marie stitched circle dies come!!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I NEEDED stitched circles LOL! Guess I was wrong :)

      Delete