Thursday, November 12, 2015

Playing With Snow

The optional twist over at Twisted Thursday on The Outlawz is to do "paper piecing". Well, that's a new one for me and I had to ask what it was. It simply means to cut out, from different papers, part of the image. Our sponsor, PpinkyDolls, has this cute little girl, Playing With the Snow. I colored her with Copics and then added a sweater, scarf, and ear muffs from patterned paper from Colorbok. The ends of the scarf are lifted with foam tabs. I used the same sweater paper for the base that keeps the card propped open. The big flakes are made with Neon Amplify and the bottom snow and bigger flakes and sentiment are embossed with Snow from Recollections. The white brad is from Recollections and the small snowflakes were stamped with Hero Arts White Ink.
Closed to Show Front

Copic Colors Used



Inside
Ppinky


Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments!


















11 comments:

  1. Jean, your first go at paper piecing is a huge success! This turned out beautifully! I love how the scarf looks like it's blowing in the wind a bit with the foam tabs popping it up! Very clever! Your snow looks so pretty, and the style of this card is unique and elegant. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. I never did it before and am learning a lot from other people that did it in this challenge.

      Delete
  2. As always your coloring is remarkable Jean! Love the little scene as well. Thanks so much for clarify it further about paper piercing Jean. Didn't know that what it was call and I've been doing that for years on some of my cards! Haha. All this time I thought paper piercing meant to poke holes into the paper! Thus, the approach Catherine and I took for her GDT piece! Thanks so much for the lovely comment you've left for Catherine and having her as Jr. GDT for this week Paper Piercing Twist Jean. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead. Hugs, Christina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina. Guess it really takes good eyes to see the difference between paper piecing and paper piercing. Both are nice techniques and I'm always happy to send a little love Catherine's way :)

      Delete
    2. Haha. Looks like I misread the word! Better make adjustment to my post!

      Delete
  3. Good job for the first try at paper piecing and love the snow mans vest. This is one of my favorite images and love what you have done with her. Nice touch having the ends of the scarf are lifted with foam tabs looks amazing.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a learning experience for sure, Pat. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. I love her, Jean! Great job with the paper piecing, and I love your snow! Was that done with a pearl pen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. The snow was done with a Neon Amplify. I love how it goes on.

      Delete
  5. This was your first time paper piecing? You did a great job. I think the pieced elements give dimension to your card and it's a beautiful easel design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pia. I think I "get" it now and would do a lot better in the future. Thank you.

      Delete