Thursday, November 27, 2014

Winter Sparkles at Christmas and a Triple Layer Card

Hummm, what to do. This week, as part of the Design Team for Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz, our twist was "Winter Sparkles at Christmas". But, since our group is "anything goes", we don't have to do a card. I know most of you who visit are expecting a card, and since I also have an art journal blog, well, I feel odd posting an art journal page here. But, here it is:
I used a blue acrylic background, the snowman is a napkin added with gel medium, the village is a stamp. I embossed snow and snowflakes and pulled out gel pens to brighten santa and to add Christmas cheer to the village.

If you were looking for a card today, here is my first attempt at triple stamping and I really like the layered look. I sprayed Shimmering Mist for the background color, colored with Copics, matted each layer on black and popped each with foam tape. The triple layer was matted on white glitter cardstock and added to a black card. The Merry Christmas is embossed Pirate's Gold. A couple of gems top it all off.
Copics used.
Waste Not
The photo on the right shows how I cut out a fancy piece of the glitter paper since it wasn't going to show. Now I have a pretty piece of that paper to use elsewhere.








Entered:
Party Time Tuesdays

2 comments:

  1. I love triple stamping! Your card turned out great!. I also love that you used a napkin on the first project. Lots of texture-which I love.

    Thanks for playing with us @ Party Time Tuesdays!

    Feel free to visit me @ www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. I wish I could find more napkins that weren't expensive to buy just to use one or two LOL!

      Delete