Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pinecone Tree House Mouse

I have been avoiding wood stamps lately because of the spacing issue in my studio. Humm, nobody else has this problem, do they? But, I couldn't resist this one called Pinecone Tree with my much loved House Mouse from Stampendous. I colored him with my Copics, added some Wink of Stella, a bit of red gel pen, and embossed some Chunky White for snow. I matted him with sparkly paper in red, then white on the green cardstock. (This doesn't seem to show in the photo though.) Then I added a few red dots, and finished with a simple bow. I kept it quite simple to show off my mouse :)
I had some of the red run. I'm not sure when but I think it was when I was using a clear embossing pen to scribble the snow. It was impossible to get rid of so that's why the berries in front became dots and poor mousie looks like he burned his hand. The gel pen? Let's pretend that he just got stained from playing with too many berries LOL! I still love him :)
Copic Colors Used
Entered:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
The Cutie Pie Challenge
Gruffies & Guests
Use Your Stuff
Party Time Tuesdays

18 comments:

  1. gorgeous card, such a sweet mousie

    thank you for joining in with the cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detailing and gorgeous use of that adorable House-Mouse image. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and I love the added gem 'berries'! Such a clever idea! Adore that lush bow too!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. I think it was the gel pen that ran on those berries so I had to cover them!

      Delete
  4. What a cute image, love the colours and matching ribbon too. Thank you for sharing with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shona. I just got a bow maker and this was my first one!

      Delete
  5. This is really pretty! Love the stamp! Thanks for joining us at Use your Stuff and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous and thank you for joining in our challenge at Gruffies and Guest "Anything goes with the option of “Christmas” good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, who wouldn't love that mouse, he's so cute. Thank you for joining us at CHNC Extra.

    ReplyDelete