Friday, July 11, 2014

At the Beach with Sami, Copics, and the Outlawz


The Outlawz Challenge for Friday' Coloring group was to do something about the Beach/Pool. I didn't have a stamp that I could think of to use for this (and, the pocketbook was empty) so I dreamed all night (I often do this, anyone else?) about different things I might be able to draw on my own. So, I thought of a crab and got to work this morning drawing this little guy (Sami) and his environment "on the beach." I used my Copics to color, added some chunky white embossing enamel for the waves and a white paint pen for the lower waves.  The background paper is from "a day at the Beach" from the Paper Studio. I popped the umbrella up with a foam square. The shells are buttons.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, Jean. Sami is the cutest little guy. You now have a new character to help you with your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, David. I thought maybe I could draw a crab better than I draw people HAHA!

      Delete